Essex County Office of Small Business Development and Affirmative Action
The Resource Center is a center for better business. Get connected to Essex County; get links to contracts/business opportunities; information and access to business resources; and an office/meeting space to work.
Our mission is to ensure equal opportunity and fair play in the procurement and contracting processes of Essex County through our efforts in the following areas:
- Strategic partnerships with private sector financiers and insurers of small, woman, and minority-owned businesses.
- Outreach to individuals, groups and organizations to expand our network of small, woman, and minority-owned businesses. Towards that end, Essex County advertises all bids on Tuesdays in The Star Ledger and on our website at Essex County Purchasing Portal.
- Technical assistance to help business owners gain necessary certifications, financing, and bonding.
- Collaborative partnerships with groups and organizations that share the County’s commitment to equal opportunity
- Partnering with the Economic Development Corporation of Essex County to further our commitment to expanding contracting opportunities to small, woman, and minority-owned businesses.
Putting Essex County First